How to Protect Dry and Sensitive Skin

The one and only skincare post by my guest bloggers is by Daisy from Pretty Green Tea, she has a lifestyle blog and takes amazing photos!

Hello everyone, Daisy here from the lifestyle blog; Prettygreentea. This is a guest post for Jade about what products to use if you have dry skin and sensitive skin. If you are from the UK you will know that we are already experiencing a little colder weather at the moment, though it does chop and change from day to day. When the weather gets cooler my skin becomes very dry, but also when it is really hot it also becomes dry, so my skin is always dry... So I tend to use really thick creams and moisturising products all through the year. I also am allergic to many products and chemicals, my skin reacts to them and becomes very sore. I have tested many different products in order to find ones that are kind to my skin. 

The products I am going to share with you are all products I have been using over the past year, purchased more than once and ones which I think are good value for money. 

Lovea Bio Burkina Shea Nourishing Body Balm
This is a very thick nourishing balm, it is by one of my favourite brands ; Lovea Bio. They are an organic brand so there is no fear of any horrible chemicals being in the balm which may affect your skin. The balm is very thick and fantastic for putting all over your body, I immediately feel my skin feeling soft and less dry, especially in the morning which is when it is at it’s worst point. I also use this before I go to bed, it’s smell is lovely and relaxing and I let it works it’s magic through the night.

Lovea-Bio-Burkina-Shea-Nourishing-Body-Balm

I usually go for fragrance free products but as all Lovea Bio products are natural that means the beautiful smell they give off are perfect for my skin and I haven’t had any reactions thankfully. You can buy this brand from www.mypure.co.uk or if you live near me (a little town in Suffolk) there is a lovely little independent shop that sells all organic skin care products. If you do live in Suffolk I can give you the details of the shop. This tub actually arrived for me today, I made a little order of goodies from Mypure as I was running low on body cream. This nourishing balm is £6.49 which I think is a good price for a body cream which is kind to my skin, lasts a good few months (especially with the amount I use) and is made from organic products and not a chemical in sight. 

Day face cream : Botanics
I have used the Botanics range for quite some time, I usually try new products from the range when it is on 3 for 2 in Boots. I have found that this face cream with marshmallow and SPF15 in has been really good for my skin. It is another lovely thick cream which soaks into your skin to give it lots of moisture. People who do not have sensitive skin may find it too thick for a day cream. For those of us with dry skin and also sensitive skin this face cream is a dream. I have personally had no reactions to my skin from using this and I have been buying this for about a year now.

boots-botanics-skin-calming-cream

You can get this for £6.12 in Boots, which I think is a good price for a face cream, I often alternate what I use and sometimes spend more than this on a face cream, so I think this is quite cheap for really good moisturising cream. I recommend waiting for the 3 for 2 offers, there is always others things you need so saving a little money is a bonus.

Night cream : Comvita Replenishing Night Moisturiser
It took me a while to decide if I was going to include this night moisturiser, it is a little more expensive than the other products I am recommending to you, but I only use this or the Estee Lauder Night repair gel which is also another expensive product. I decided I would share this with you because I know what a pain and upset it can be when you wake up in the morning with dry and sore skin. Comvita Night Moisturiser costs £30.00, which is expensive but it has lasted me a good few months and I use quite a good few squirts of it each evening before bed. This is another thick cream (I bet your sick of reading that, but it has to be when you have dry skin) which quenches your face as soon as you put it on, it works it’s magic through the night and my face feels less tight when I wake up in the morning. I am always open to trying new night creams, as I mentioned before, I find that if you use the same products for over a year then your skin can become used to them, so I try to mix it up a bit and use other products (such as the Estee Lauder gel). If any of you know of other fab night creams then I would love to know which they are.

comvita-replenishing-night-moisturiser

General cream: ASDA Dry skin cream protect
I think this cream is about 70p, you can pop it in your handbag and use it through the day, I always wear tights and of course that can dry your legs out, so sometimes I have to go and pop a bit of this on and it is just so handy and cheap. I use it as a hand cream mostly, when I don’t have any hemp cream (which is from the Body Shop). I am waiting for that to go on offer actually, then I will stock up on it for winter. 

asda-dry-skin-cream-protect

I decided to keep this post simple and just focus on body cream, face, night and hand cream. I do have some favourite eye creams and a cream I use before swimming, but I didn’t want to bore those of you who don’t have sensitive skin. I can always give you more information for anyone who is interested; you are welcome to email me.  

I hope you have all enjoyed my guest post for Jade and can take away some useful information from it.

Daisy from Pretty Green Tea

No comments